In 1853, Peter Schroeder (1805-1896) built his mill with a residential house and outbuildings on his property, which was situated on the banks of the River Our. He descended from the house of Tintes in Kalbom, which was first mentioned in official records in 1535. This gave rise to the name Tintesmühle.
Peter Schroeder leased the mill to his son, Johann Schroeder (1831-1886), on 22 July 1863. Pierre Schroeder (1865-1935) came into possession of the mill on 23 December 1896 through an unusual division of the inheritance, as his father Johann died 10 years before his grandfather Peter. His son Jean-Pierre Schroeder (1904-1973) later inherited the mill.
The mill, which was shut down in 1953, has been owned by husband and wife Bertemes-Schroeder since 1972. (Germaine Schroeder is the daughter of Jean-Pierre Schroeder).